In 1995, the great Hanshin-Awaji earthquake struck Japan causing much destruction. It was during this disaster that volunteers began providing emergency information in multiple languages for the many multi-ethnic resident victims living in Nagata ward of Kobe who couldn’t understand Japanese. It is from these emergency relief activities that FACIL’s roots can be found. Since then, FACIL has continued to be based in its birthplace of Kobe where it operates as a multilanguage translation community business* by collaborating with various local governments, educational bodies, corporations and non-profit and non-governmental organizations to provide information in multiple languages.
* Community business is where citizens of a community act as an agent, using community resources to create a business that tackles community-related issues with the aim of returning the benefits back to the community.
Starting with English, Korean, Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), we have grown to cover 28 languages
Look at our reasonable prices!!
We will support you with your multilingual business.
“I want to produce this in multiple languages!”We can give advice relating to a variety of fields including medicine, education, policy, community activities.
- “Applying for and adjusting to schools in Japan can be disadvantageous for children who have diverse cultural backgrounds. Many families with multicultural backgrounds have trouble understanding an education system that is different from the one they are use to in their country of origin. Our school’s education committee just wants to let them know what is needed to prepare for the entrance exams.”
- “I want to inform multi-ethnic residents and tourists to be wary of the new strain of influenza and the vaccines that are available. Also, I want to prepare a medical questionnaire in foreign languages to make it easier for us to enquire about the condition of our foreign patients.”
- “I want to organize an exchange event with children of multicultural roots, but I want to know how to organize an event, how to publicize it and other things I should be wary of.”
Community and Local Government Meetings
- “I would like the multi-ethnic residents within the area to participate more in disaster prevention activities since a natural disaster such as an earthquake or a tsunami could strike any part of Japan today.”
International Exchange Associations
- “I want to hold a series of workshops to learn how to cook cuisine from various countries. Also, I want to present foreign cuisine at our next intercultural exchange event.”
- Our Hospitable World Cuisine Catering Service
Our translation & media production packages come highly recommended.
“My company wants to create a multilingual media project. So I arranged for a translation and a production company to each prepare different aspects of our project separately and it’s due to be completed soon... however… Suddenly there is an urgent amendment that needs to be made to the project!! Now I have to contact BOTH the translation company and the production company…”
The amount of time and effort required to organize multilingual media projects increases with the number of companies you outsource your project to.
When you rely upon separate companies to each manage the translation and media aspects of your multilingual media project, you actually increase the amount of time, effort and money spent to manage communication between the two companies. For example, you have to contact each company, explain to them separately what you want, and then bargain with these companies over prices and deadlines for the project…. And then suddenly, just when you think that you have organized everything, you get a call from your department demanding changes be made to the draft project immediately. The deadline is almost up and you are starting to feel the pinch…
This is why you chose FACIL to organize your translations, webpage design and audio-visual narration.
At FACIL, we produce multilingual webpages, posters, pamphlets, WEB/DTP and foreign language narration. Our trained staff will be the only ones you ever need to call when organizing your multilingual media design. By choosing FACIL, you will save yourself time and effort when you want to create quality translations and media productions.